Rainbow buddha bowls
A favourite dinner that is always on repeat in our household. It is very adaptable to whatever vegetables you have hanging around but the tofu, fermented veg & almond butter sauce really bring it all together.
This is a perfect #macronutrient balanced bowl with healthy carbohydrates, protein & fats.
Rainbow Buddha Bowls
Makes approximately 4 bowls. Cooked ingredients can be stored separately in the fridge ready to be assembled into a quick & nourishing meal.
Dairy free, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free,
1 c quinoa or brown rice, rinsed
1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
4 medium carrots or 2 large sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
500g marinated tofu or other protein of your choice
1 bunch broccolini or 1/2 large broccoli
2 tbs fermented kraut per bowl
4 handfuls of baby spinach, kale or other dark leafy green
1 large avocado or 2 small, sliced or quartered
Almond butter sauce (recipe below)
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. On one, place the carrots. Drizzle with olive oil & season with salt & pepper. Place into the oven & bake for 25 minutes, or until tender.
2. On the second tray, place the sliced, marinated tofu. Place into the oven & bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway.
3. Place the quinoa into a medium saucepan, add the vegetable stock. Bring to boil, turn down to low heat, cover & cook for 15 minutes.
4. Chop the broccolini into half lengths. Steam in the microwave or over a steamer until just tender.
5. To assemble, choose a large bowl. Add in approximately 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, 1/4 of the roasted carrots, 1/4 of the baked tofu, 1/4 of the steamed broccolini, 2 tbs fermented kraut, 1 handful leafy greens, 1/4 avocado. Drizzle everything generously with the almond butter sauce.
Almond Butter Sauce
In a small jar combine 2 tbs almond butter, 1 tbs sesame oil, 4 tbs soy sauce, 2 tbs honey, juice of 1 lime, 1 tsp chilli/garlic paste. Shake well. Add warm water to thin to desired consistency.